Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kitchen Cutting Board

via cuttingboardfactory.com
We would like to replace the integrated wood cutting board in our kitchen with a polyethylene one. Maybe it is an unfounded fear brought on by the media, but I don't like cutting raw chicken on the board and then cleaning it off to cut the vegetables. We usually end up using the Ikea cutting boards on our counter top and use up our already small work space. My idea was to router out a place for a "plastic" cutting board to sit inside of the integrated one. I found these cutting boards also each with a different color for each food group you are cutting. It looks like they can make custom cutting boards, so I could get one made to fit into my design.

 My crude drawing, the half moons are cutouts so one can remove the cutting "plastic" cutting board from the wooden one without too much trouble. It would be on the left or back because most of the cutting would be done on the right side, bottom in this photo. Straight sided so food doesn't get underneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment